Development Project Contractor
LOCATION: Wichita, KS – remote and limited in-person
TIME: approximately 20 hours per week
Length of program
14 weeks, with extension as needed
Program Dates for Project:
Sept. 21, 2020 – Jan. 11, 2020
The development project contractor will guide and align the overall organizational development plan as it continues to expand its reach. The major areas included within this project are donor program organization, fundraising, planned giving and policies and procedures.
Job Functions include, but not limited to:
The development project contractor will work in conjunction with the Executive Director to plan and develop the following tools:
• Develop an annual giving plan that will assist the organization in meeting and exceeding financial goals
• Updating and structuring for donor database including contact information and giving, etc.
• Create an annual campaign format designed for year-end giving
• Create a monthly/recurring giving program
• Review and revise sponsorship levels and giving
• assist the Executive Direct in identifying, researching and preparing grants for upcoming opportunities as needed
• Work with an assigned HR contractor to develop giving policies surrounding in-kind items, etc.
• Serve as a liaison for work with assigned consulting group surrounding the expansion project
• Attend weekly status meetings with the Executive Director to discuss challenges, successes, and project status update.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
• College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills are a plus
• Planning and forecasting experience a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Exceptional written skills are necessary
Must pass a background check
Working Conditions and hours
Mainly remote. Will need to report to the office at times. Ability to lift light loads, up to 20 lbs. may be necessary. Hours are flexible between 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
Provide a current resume
Provide three references (2 administrator or professional references; 1 personal (non-relative). Email submissions to email@example.com or mail to 9415 E. Harry, Ste. 405, Wichita, KS 67207.
This position does not include a benefits package.
The information provided is a general overview of the contracted position. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive description of all job duties and assignments.